Welcome to St. Paul’s
Welcome to St. Paul’s on-the-Green. If you have driven by or visited us before you know that St. Paul’s is blessed with a beautiful building and grounds. More importantly, however, it is blessed with a depth of Spirit that we hope nourishes all who enter. Our liturgy is rich with wonderful music, sights and smells. While we aim for excellence in worship we never want it to be stuffy and so, we affectionately refer to our style as “smells, bells, …and sneakers!” Our children and teens participate in visible ministries, serving at the altar in a variety of ways, serving as ushers alongside their peers and adults, and by singing with our Chorister program. In addition, we have a vital Christian Formation (Sunday School) program during the Ministry of the Word, where young people can engage with the day’s lessons on their own level. Children rejoin the congregation around the table for Eucharist so that all generations are fed together.
Please do visit us to experience any one of a variety of worship opportunities, browse in Standing Stones, our on-site Bookstore or walk and meditate in our Labyrinth and Healing Gardens. St. Paul’s is a diverse congregation and we feel continually blessed when guests join us. We look forward to offering you our signature “Radical Welcome” and hospitality, respecting and valuing who you are and wherever you happen to be on your journey of faith.
10 Reasons You Might Like it Here
10. We’ve got a wonderful, historic church building with a superb Skinner Pipe Organ and we’re located a block from Stew Leonard’s (so you can shop on your way home!)
9. You’ll hear sermons that you can actually remember the next day!
8. You don’t think that religion should be based on fear and driven by rules.
7. You are seeking acceptance and affirmation of who you are as God’s own beloved.
6. You want God to be relevant to your life, and you want your life to be relevant to God.
5. You’re looking for worship that is beautiful, colorful, sensual, and supported by the best sacred music you’ll find in Fairfield County.
4. You’re looking for a community where there is diversity in the way people look, the way people talk, and in what people believe.
3. You’re tired of having to check your brain at the church door.
2. We respect and encourage children’s own capacity for discovering their faith and experiencing God.
And the number 1 reason you might like it here …
1. We offer every person who walks through our door God’s own radical welcome—from the church steps to the Communion Table.
For additional information, email our staff or phone us at 203 847 2806.